Powerwash Chromebook is a very much easy process. As you guys know, Google Chromebooks are known for their comparably low cost and ease of access, and ease of use.
In cases such as this, it might be appropriate to restore your Chromebook to its factory condition.
Another explanation you would want to implement this break-glass approach is to sign your Chromebook over to a new owner and ensure that all your private details are erased beforehand.
In any case, you can use the powerwash function to restore Chrome OS to its original state.
👉 Start a Powerwash using Chrome Browser.
Restore Chromebook to its default factory status:
💡 Important: If you are trying to pass Chromebook to a new owner, do not enter your account credential until the Powerwash is complete. Doing so would re-add your account to the computer, not something you want to do if it is no longer in your hands.
- Open your Chrome tab now.
- Select Settings when the drop-down menu appears.
- The Chrome Settings interface can now be shown. Scroll down to the bottom and press Advanced.
- The Chrome Advanced Settings will appear. Scroll down until you find the Reset Settings section and choose the Powerwash feature.
- You could even show a dialogue called Restart of your system, overlaying the Settings GUI. Click the Restart.
- Now, your Chromebook will restart, and It will finish the powerwash process. When asked, sign in with your Google Account credential and follow the on-screen directions to set up your newly refurbished Chromebook.
👉 Tip: You can also access the Chrome settings GUI from the Chromebook Taskbar toolbar, found in the lower right corner of your screen.
👇 Read Also Don’t Miss it:
👉 How to powerwash a managed Chromebook?
If you have a Chromebook that gave by your school, then, unfortunately, you can’t reset the computer on your own. Since the Chromebook has been registered with the administrator, you cannot use reset and other advanced options.
If you manage to reset the Chromebook school, it will always be registered under the appointed administrator.
To receive all the rights, you’re going to have to ask the administrator to unsubscribe the Chromebook from the school console.
For more details, you can check out the below article:
👉 How to Reset Chromebook From the Login Screen?
Instead of performing the Powerwash process from the Chrome Settings interface, you can also reset your Chromebook from the login screen by taking the following steps.
- While on the Chrome OS login page and before authentication, press the following keyboard shortcut: Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R.
- There will be a window called Reset this Chrome device. Click the Restart button to boot.
- Your Chromebook is going to be restarted. It will show a new version of this window after returning to the login page. Click the Powerwash button.
- We suggest that you put a checkmark next to the Upgrade Firmware for additional security before proceeding with the Powerwash process, as it offers improved security protection for your device.
- Now the Confirm Powerwash dialogue will appear. Click the Continue tab.
👉 How to Powerwash Chromebook without password?
- If you’ve lost your Chromebook password and want to restore it, use this Chrome OS keyboard shortcut. Restart your computer and press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R keys at once on the login display.
- The Reset window would open automatically. Click “Powerwash” and then pick “Reset.” The factory reset process will begin on your Chromebook without a password.
Powerwash Chromebook vs reset
Powerwash Chromebook Factory Reset erases all the details on your Chromebook hard drive, including your settings, applications, and files.
The factory reset would not delete all of the files on Google Drive or from an external hard drive.
And that was our post about how to reset the Chromebook in a number of ways. Based on the challenges you have, you can use any of the approaches in the post. For certain users, the first approach is the fastest and easiest way to reset a Chromebook.
So, now that your Chromebook will run fast, yeah, that’s all from us. If you’re still facing some problem, just make a comment below and let us know.
Video Source Credits : Chrome Unboxed