Discord is an instant messaging tool for group development where it can exchange a range of data. You will be able to connect with it through voice and video calls, SMS, media, and data.
Discord helps you to share your computer with others directly. It could be a game for friends, a movie, or a specific dance show.
The discord screen share audio problem is a common issue facing Discord users. The audio-only cuts out unexpectedly while the screen is shared.
Due to many problems, such as obsolete drivers, discontinued echo canceled functionality, internet access, or microphone problems.
Why is Discord screen share audio not working?
Since analyzing various cases and examining the circumstances carefully, we found that the problem had occurred for many various reasons. They do not always apply to your case since the setup of each device is different:
- Initial audio feature: The Audio with a screen sharing mechanism is in its initial phases and is not adequately stable (it was released in a beta version first). Some topics are still under discussion in the next section.
- Inadequate audio controls: Discord also uses audio drivers mounted on the hardware, like all other sound programs. You will face problems if the audio drivers are corrupt or do not operate properly.
- Control Access: Because Discord now shares your entire screen with other machines remotely, it can need administrative access on your computers. The problem is typically solved by having elevated entry.
- Problems in the application: Certain particular programs tend not to work with Discord correctly. It would be best if you looked at options here. There is nothing you can do.
How to fix discord screen share audio?
Here are the five ways to fix it.
Method 1. Run Discord as administrator
You can first attempt to run Discord with administrative rights. As Discord is sharing your screen, it wants administrative privileges with remotely placed PCs.
3. Mark the software Run this program as an administrator.
4. To save changes, press the Apply button and OK.
5. Launch Discord and search if no sound is gone in the mode for screen sharing.
Method 2. Reset Discord’s Voice settings
You might get audio-related errors if you have maintained Discord Voice Settings, so try to restore voice settings to your default settings.
1. Open Discord, and click the User Settings cog found at the bottom-left of the window.
3. Press Reset Voice Settings.
4. Click OK when the Reset Voice Settings prompt appears.
5. Check if there is sound while in screen sharing mode.
Method 3. Update Windows audio drivers
Outdated or lacking audio drivers, especially during screen sharing, are a frequent cause of Discord audio problems. You can view and uninstall the latest drivers from your audio adapter manufacturer’s website or upgrade them through the Windows System Manager.
1. Right-click the Start button and click Device Manager.
2. Pick and locate sound, video, and game controller.
3. Right-click on an audio device and click on the Audio Upgrade driver.
4. Press Search automatically for drivers check and wait until the upgrade process is done.
Method 4. Update Discord
Method 5. Clear Discord Roaming data
- Close all processes of Discord.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows+R keys.
- Type %appdata% and press OK in the dialogue box.
- Find, right-click, and click Delete Discord Folder. When you open Discord, new temporary files are generated.
- Press Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Launch Discord and see if the sound is present when sharing the screen mode.
Discord screen share audio not working Chrome.
Some individuals may experience this problem if you are using Discord with your Google Chrome browser.
Now, it’s because there have been recent changes to the Google Chrome audio infrastructure update to this particular Audio screen sharing problem.
You need to download the latest disc update with fixes for the audio problem of Chrome to deal with this issue.
Here is something you can try to work with if you still have trouble with Audio in the screen share section:
- Finish the screen share session by using the key combination to refresh your application CTRL+R
- Close and reopen your Google Chrome browser
- After restarting Chrome browser, play Audio in your browser right before the screen-sharing session starts.
- Now enable the screen to share and Try again.
👉 Don’t Miss it Read Also:
Discord screen shares Audio quiet
The outdated audio driver is one of the leading triggers of a Discord screen shares Audio quiet
If you are glad to do them one at a time, you can upgrade the system drivers manually. It takes a long time, however, You can update all of them with Driver Easy with only a few taps.
Driver Easy identifies your system automatically and finds the drivers that are right for it. You don’t have to know precisely which system your machine operates.
You don’t have to fear copying, updating, and making an error by installing the wrong driver.
For every Driver Easy FREE or Pro, you can upgrade your drivers automatically. But the Pro release takes only two clicks (with a 30-day money-back guarantee and maximum support):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and press on the button Scan Now. Driver Easy checks and identifies any trouble drivers on your device.
- To download the correct version of the driver, you can install it manually, click on the Upgrade button next to the audio driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
- Or press Update to download and install automatically the correct version of any driver on your device that is incomplete or obsolete (Pro version is required – you are invited to upgrade when you click Update All). Update All.
- Verify now that Discord works fine.
You should follow this link for more clarification if the Audio doesn’t return discord screen share audio Quiet
Discord screen shares Audio not working mac.
- Download and instal iShowU Audio Capture now. This allows you to convert the audio output to the input from your computer.
- Find and open Audio MIDI Settings, which should already be available on your device.
- Click the little plus, and then select “Multi-output unit.” Check the “use” of the built-in output and the iShowU.
- Right-click the computer in this list and pick the output from the multi-output device. (or turn to the settings of your sound) The default alternative is to render a multi-input device, but Discord does not. Instead, we have to cheat a bit.
- If you don’t have one, please download GarageBand. Go to “Preferences” and then to “Audio/Midi” and open the GarageBand. The input will be “built-in microphone” and the audio “built-in output” so that you can adjust it properly.
- Create a new audio channel for a microphone and make sure that “I want to hear my instrument when recording” is checked.
- In the middle bottom of the panel, make sure the “record level” is switched on and check the “noise gate“. And change it to reduce the background noise. You can also further change the output volume on. The green slider on the top of the panel.
- Move back to GarageBand input preferences, and update the output device to iShowU Audio Capture, and afterwards reset the input device to “built-in microphone“
- Go to Discord Voice and Video Settings when you want to share audio. Set the input device to the iShowU, and the output device to the built-in output. Adjust the sensitivity of the input to be very low since you already manage it elsewhere.To stop sharing audio on your screen, change the input system back to your microphone and fix the sensitivity of the input.
Discord screen shares Audio stutter
Discord is a group instant messaging site where you can exchange various details. It helps you to connect via Voice and Video Calls, SMS, media, and data. Discord allows you to share your device with others directly. It may stream a game to friends, a video, or a specific dance show.
The Discord sharing audio stutter problem is a common problem faced by Discord users. Audio can only be randomly cut when the screen is shared. It may result from several issues, from outdated drivers to Echo Cancellation, internet connection, or microphone problems.
- Reset voice Settings
- Manually Choose Input Device
- Update Audio Driver in Windows
Reset Voice Settings
The Audio from your system may be filtered by Discord input mode for voice activity. To resolve that;
- Go to User Settings on Discord
- Then, find and click on Voice & Video in the App Settings
- Scroll down to input sensitivity, enable the toggle for Automatically determine input sensitivity then turn it off by disabling it.
- To make sure Discord gets a sound, speak to your mic and make sure that the manual bar pulsates to show that Discord picks your voice.
Or maybe you can :
- Tap the device settings.
- Tap on the Voice & Video tab under the Settings app
- Download and click Reset Voice Settings on the displayed page to clear local noises and volumes.
- Click OK.
Manually Choose Input Device
- Click User Settings in Discord
- Tap on Voice & Video in-app settings
- Click on the input device under voice settings to see a drop-down display that lets you pick your headset or microphone.
- When it is selected, go to the volume input and select it as high as possible.
Update Audio Driver in Windows
- Type Device Manager and click on the Desktop and Search Bar
- Click on the game controls, sound, and video, to increase
- Double-click HD Audio Unit in the extended tab
- Click on upgrade drivers >> automatically check for new software of the audio driver in the tab displayed
- Wait to finish the process and close the browser, or you can check for and update drivers manually.
Additional options, such as uninstalling, reinstalling, or just upgrading Discord, could solve this issue. Please let us know which ones have worked or worked for you but are not listed here. You can check it out Discord screen shares Audio stutter.
Discord Screen Sharing Audio issues can be resolved very quickly. However, there are some problematic aspects about discord not streaming audio efficiency problems.
Follow the steps in the article closely to solve no audio in discord problems.
Discord Screen sharing feature is a modern, revolutionised feature, full of glitches, too. So, it’s clear that there will certainly be some errors.