Once you send or receive a message on your iPhone, it can appear on your Watch, Mac, or other idevices as well. However, our iPhones, Apple Watches, Macs, and other iDevices don’t always seem to be correctly syncing Messages. You’re also dealing with the same issue of iMessages not syncing on MAC and in all devices.
iMessage must sync between all of your Apple ID-enabled devices, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. Your SMS texts and iMessages should appear on every connected device, and all of your conversations should sync and download instantly.
Apple Messages were meant to have a unified experience. Upgrading iOS, macOS, or watchOS should have little effect on iMessages syncing. Many people have indicated that their iMessage is not working on Mac and iPhone after an update.
In this post, we’re going to show you some possible fixes to solve the problem of iMessage not syncing on Mac issues. Applied on both iPhone and Mac versions, including iPhone ( All series ) and MacBook Air/Pro, iMac Pro, etc.
Here are several potential fixes for iMessage not syncing on Mac and iPhone problems.
1. Turn Off iMessage and Turn On It Again:
How am I going to sync messages from my Mac to my iPhone? When faced with this issue, the first thing you can do is to try to turn off the iMessage on both the Mac and the iPhone and then turn it back on.
- In your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Toggle iMessage > Wait a couple of seconds and turn it back on.
- On the Mac: Open the Messages app and press Preferences > Choose Accounts > Click on Sign Out > Wait a couple of seconds and sign back up.
- After the procedure is completed, allow iMessage on both Mac and iPhone, you can verify whether iMessage Sync correctly.
2. Check iMessage Settings on iPhone:
Make sure you have activated all of the e-mail addresses you choose to use with iMessage:
- Go to Settings > Tap Messages on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose to send & receive.
- Make sure to verify your phone number or e-mail address under “YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT“
👉 Read Also:
3. Check iMessage Settings on Mac:
- Open the Messages programme on your Mac> In the top menu, click “Messages.”
- Click the “Preferences > Choose “Accounts” button.
- Under the line “You can view messages on” make sure the phone number and the Apple ID fit the settings on your iPhone.
4. Confirm your Phone Number with Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com and log in to your Apple ID and password.
- Under “Account” make sure correct phone numbers and e-mail addresses reach you.
5. Log in with your same Apple ID:
- On your Mac, make sure you login with the same Apple ID as you used on your iPhone:
- Open the app “Messages“> Go to “Preferences“.
- Click the “Accounts” tab > Click Activate this account.
- Pick the E-mail address you used with the Apple ID.
6. How to force iMessage to sync with iCloud on Mac:
- Open Messages on Macbook.
- Click Messages in the menu bar and choose Preferences.
- Click the iMessage tab in the window
- To the right of Enable Messages in iCloud, Hit Sync Now
- In the bottom left corner of Messages, you’ll see a status bar if there are messages to sync.
- Now select the iMessage tab and click on Sync Now.
👉 Read Also:
7. How to Transfer iMessage if iMessages not syncing on Mac?
When there’s a problem with some syncing thing, it’s getting huge because iOS devices usually don’t have any other way to synchronise and transfer data.
Fortunately, this statement doesn’t hold back today as many applications can help you move data from your iOS smartphone to your phone, and one of them is Tenorshare iCareFone.
iCareFone provides a file manager to help you move files from your iOS system to your Mac. Not only does it function as a file manager, but it also has several other features that help you customise and restore your computer if needed.
If you have some issues with your iOS computer, the iCareFone app is the one you need to get.
- Download and install iCarefone on your MacBook.
- Run the software and pick “Manage” from your home interface. Then attach your iPhone to your Mac through USB cables.
- iCareFone lets you move images, songs, videos, addresses, notes, games, books, and bookmarks to Mac quickly and efficiently. Take images, for example: go to “Photos” and choose what you want to pass to Mac. Then press the “Export” button and pick the location to save these photos.
Wrap up on iMessages not syncing on Mac:
It happens when iMessage on Mac is not syncing, but now, we genuinely hope you’ve already fixed your iMessage that doesn’t sync to the Mac. But if you don’t want to worry about this kind of problem. I suggest that you use Tenorshare iCareFone, which offers a better way to move data from your iOS device to your Mac. And it’s fast, stable and easy to use. Just try it! I’m sure you’re going to be surprised.