If you face the iPhone device is unreachable Error on your Windows 10 PC, you are likely unable to upload images from your iPhone 8 or iPhone 7 to your PC by attaching your iPhone to your PC. Fortunately, suppose you want to copy photos from iPhone to PC
In that case, there’s another way to do it, which is to use EaseUS MobiMover, a specialist iOS data transfer, and file management software. If the device is unreachable you can follow the below 6 Fixes also.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 if the iPhone device is unreachable?
- Attach the iPhone to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable when paired, press “Trust” on your iPhone screen if it shows up. Open EaseUS MobiMover and move to “Phone-to-PC” mode.
- All the applications available for your iPhone are loaded now. You may opt to continue with everything or a certain kind. Before that, you can also customize a storage route to maintain the content transferred. Otherwise, you’ll keep it on your Windows 10 desktop. If the decision has taken, press “Transfer” to transfer files from iPhone to Windows 10 PC.
- Wait until the procedure is over. In addition to Windows 10, MobiMover also supports data migration from an iOS system to Windows 7 and Windows 8 laptops.
MobiMover also supports data transfer between two iPhones and from laptop to iPhone. It means that you can do things like copying images from iPhone to iPhone, which is very important when you have a new iPhone, and moving music to iPhone without iTunes, an everyday necessity for iPhone users.
👉 Read Also Don’t miss it:
- Try another USB port or cable
The iPhone device is unreachable could be an incompatible USB port or a broken USB cable. It’s easy for you to use a new USB port or cable to use. This tip is also helpful in solving the issue.
- Update USB drivers
You can also make sure all the PC USB drivers are fine. Attach your PC to the internet and see if there are any patches available to the USB driver.
- Right-click the Windows logo at the bottom left corner of your Computer screen and tap Device Manager from the Quick Access menu.
A quick tip: You can also start the Quick Access menu using the ‘Windows + X’ keyboard shortcut.
- Extend the ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers‘ portion, right-click the ‘USB Root Hub’ icon, and click the ‘Update Driver’ button.
- Select ‘Check for new driver features automatically.’
- Wait for the troubleshooter to scan the device and the internet for the recent update to the USB drivers. Also, make sure you repeat the steps for each USB Root Hub driver.
- Update iPhone driver
- Attach your phone to your PC and ensure you give it access to your media files. Open the Device Manager and search if an upgrade is available for the Apple iPhone driver.
- Expand the Portable Device portion of the Device Manager. Right-click the Apple iPhone driver and click the Upgrade Driver.
- Select ‘Search automatically for Updated Driver Software‘ and let Windows search for an updated version of the iPhone driver on your device.
- Install any updates needed and verify that the error has been fixed.
- Upgrade IOS
Upgrade the operating system on your iPhone. It will help to remove glitches that prohibit your iPhone from uploading media files to your laptop. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download any updates available on the page.
- Disable Image convert
By default, iOS devices can pass media files to a compatible format with the receiving device (Mac or PC). Say a photo on your iPhone is in HEIC format. So, iOS is going to convert the image to a design that is compatible with your device. It is fantastic, no doubt about it. However, we’ve found that the conversion mechanism often triggers a ‘Device Is Unreachable‘ error on Windows systems.
Suppose you have attempted to copy photos from your iPhone but have not been able to do so. Go to the Photos menu on your iPhone and disable the transfer of the file. Unplug your iPhone from your device and take the instructions below.
- Launch the iPhone settings screen and choose Photos.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click Keep Originals in the ‘Transfer to Mac or PC’ category.
Note: Some of the images can be move to your PC as HEIC files. If you have trouble displaying these images using your default viewer, please refer to this tutorial on converting HEIC to JPG on Windows 10. Alternatively, you should transform photos from HEIC to JPG on your iPhone before switching them to your PC.
Now plug your iPhone back into your PC and see if you can upload images and videos directly.
If you’re seeing an iPhone device is unreachable error, and you can’t get your images or photos of your loved ones on your phone, don’t avoid it.
I hope that one of the solutions listed above will help you get rid of this issue. If you are still unable to copy files from your iPhone to your PC, consider using another device. If you don’t have an error on other devices, you can take your PC to a repair center to try it out.