Mozilla Firefox, or simply Firefox, is a web browser. It works for various operating systems, including Android, Windows, Linux, iOS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, illumos, and Solaris Unix. Using this web browser, you can encounter an error known as a ‘Network Protocol Error‘. If you find this bug, you will be unable to use Firefox until you patch it. This bug is discussed below, and several methods for resolving the ‘Network Protocol Issue‘ on your Firefox web browser.
What is Network Protocol Error?
This error happens as a result of the Mozilla Firefox web browser’s cache memory is complete.
Any users can notice a ‘Corrupted Content Error’ message instead of a ‘Network Protocol Error’ message on their Firefox browser. However, all of these errors are caused by the same problem and can be resolved with similar techniques.
Fix Network Protocol Error on Mozilla Firefox
Method 1: Reload your Webpage.
Before making any advanced browser updates, consider reloading the Webpage while bypassing the cache to resolve this bug.
You will do this by pressing the ‘Ctrl + F5‘ or ‘Ctrl + Shift + R‘ buttons. It will refresh your homepage from the internet, and the ‘Network Protocol Error‘ should be resolved.
If this method does not resolve the error, proceed to the method mentioned below.
Method 2: Clear Firefox cache memory.
Follow the steps below to clear the cache memory of your Firefox web browser.
- Open the Settings window in your Firefox web browser.
- From the options to the left of this window, choose the Privacy & Security tab.
- In the ‘Cookies and Site Data section, there is a ‘Clear Data’ alternative. Select it by clicking on it.
- A pop-up window with two options will appear on your phone. Specifically, ‘Cookies and Site Data’ and ‘Cached Web Content‘. Select both of these choices and then press the ‘Clear ‘button.
- Now, close and restart your Firefox web browser on your laptop.
Note: Please keep in mind that clearing all cookies and site data can result in you being signed out of all websites you are logged in via Firefox. However, since the ‘Network Protocol Error’ has been resolved, you can conveniently log in to certain websites using Firefox.
This is what you need to hear about Mozilla Firefox’s Network Protocol Error and how to repair it in a few quick steps. If you know of a more straightforward way to resolve the ‘Network Protocol Error on Mozilla Firefox, please let us know in the comments section below.