To break the silence of your presentation, you can add audio files to Google Slides. It’s simple to add audio files to Google Slide. Furthermore, the feature is as simple to use as adding audio files in Microsoft PowerPoint. If you’re not sure how to add audio files to Google Slides, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll go over how to add audio files to Google Slides?
Although audio files are not supported by Google Slides, you can embed videos within individual slides. Let us see how you can make this process as simple as possible.
1. Recording Or Downloading The File
First, save the audio file that you want to use in Google Slides to your computer. You must first record your voice on your computer before uploading it to Google Slides. Google Slides does not allow you to record audio directly.
To add audio to Google Slides, you must first record your file and then upload it to Google Slides. You can record the audio using your PC’s voice recorder. You can also record your voice using third-party voice recorder apps. You can also use a third-party voice recorder app to edit your audio.
2. Upload The Files To Google Drive
After that, you must upload the audio files to Google Drive. Follow the steps below to upload files to Google Drive.
- Launch Google Drive on your computer.
- Select the new option, then file upload.
- Your PC’s file manager will launch. Choose the audio file you want to upload. Put the file on Google Drive.
- You must enable Link sharing for the file. Right-click on the file you uploaded to Google Drive to enable link sharing.
- This will bring up a quick menu. In the quick menu, look for the option ‘get link.’ Select it by clicking on it.
- Put the files on Google Drive.
- Aside from the ‘anyone with the link‘ option, you will be able to change the permissions of the people with whom you are sharing. You can grant the editor permission, and anyone with the link will be able to edit the files. Setting the permissions to commenter allows the person to add comments to the file, whereas viewer allows the person to view the files but not make any changes to them.
- If you want to add files to Google Slides, make sure the editor has permission to do so. When you’re finished, click done.
3. Adding Files To Google Slides
Follow the steps below to add audio to Google Slides.
- On your computer, launch Google Slides. Make sure you log in to Google Slides with the same account you use for Google Drive so you can access the files you added.
- Start by opening the presentation to which you want to add audio files. To add audio to Google slides, go to the insert menu and then audio.
- Insert Audio into Google Slides
- This will launch a Google Drive window. There are three tabs to choose from: My Drive, Shared with Me, and Recent. My Drive will contain tabs from your Google Drive, Shared with me will contain files that have been shared with you, and Recent will contain all files that you have recently accessed.
- Click on the files you want to add, and your file will be added to Google Slides.
4. Formatting The Audio
- After you’ve added the files to Google Slides, you’ll need to format it. You can edit the files in Google Slides by using the formatting options. To accomplish this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Select the audio you’ve added by clicking on it.
- You can edit the audio using the format options on the right sidebar.
- Audio playback, size and rotation, position, recolor, adjustments, drop, shadow, and reflection will be among the format options.
- Audio Playback– This option allows you to format audio playback. You can change how the audio is played, whether it loops, when it stops, and so on.
- Size and Rotation– On Google Slides, you can change the size of the audio playback icon. You can also use this option to rotate it.
- Positions– In the positions- section, you can specify where the audio icon should appear as well as the axis.
- Recolor– From here, you can change the color of the audio icon.
- Adjustments– You can change the transparency, brightness, and contrast of the audio icon.
- Drop Shadow and Reflection– You have the option to add or remove drop shadow and reflection from your audio.
- Insert Audio into Google Slides
Wrap up on how To Insert Audio Recording Into Google Slides
This is how you can add audio into Google Slides. This article explains how to record files, import them into Google Slides, and format them. I hope you found this article useful.