Windows 10 would consume my Internet data plans in a matter of minutes at times. I began to wonder what was causing this. The information just vanished. Eventually, I discovered the most effective methods for saving internet data in Windows 10. I hope you enjoy these suggestions of how to reduce Internet Data Usage on Windows 10?
The majority of people in the globe today use 4G and 5G networks to connect to the Internet. Because they are unable to afford the plans and pricing of Broadband Plans.
And the majority of networks have a limited bandwidth that we cannot meet. Windows 10 is, as we all know, an improved version of Windows 8.1.
I noticed that “Windows 10 Applications and their features utilize more Internet Data as well as Bandwidth on the machine” after installing the operating system on my system.
If you are experiencing the same issue with Internet Data Consumption, you have come to the right place. Because I have provided Best Methods for Saving Internet Data on Windows 10 in this article.
1: Set Metered Connection
You must configure your connection as Metered in this method. By doing so, Windows will never update automatically again. This will result in even more savings for Internet Data. Now, proceed with the steps below to configure a metered connection.
- To begin, navigate to the Settings Menu. You must also select the Network & Internet Tab in the settings.
- Next, navigate to the WIFI settings. Now You must select your connection in the WIFI settings. ( I will choose a WIFI connection.)
- Select the Advanced Options menu. Then, select the Set as Metered connection option.
2: Turning OFF Background Apps
Windows 10 has a large number of installed apps that run in the background, consuming more Internet data. So, with this way, you must disable those background apps.
- First, navigate to the Settings Menu. Select Privacy Menu from the Settings menu.
- At the bottom of the screen, in the Privacy Menu, select Background Apps.
- In the Background Apps option, disable any apps that are consuming your Internet data unnecessarily.
3: Disable One Drive
One Drive is a new Windows 10 feature that allows you to safely save crucial or personal files online. If you do not need the One Drive service, you should disable it. Because it will suck up your Internet bandwidth. Now, To turn off the One Drive service, take these steps:
- To open Task Manager, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE.
- Now, in Task Manager, select the Startup Option tab.
- You must pick One Drive on the Startup Tab.
- You must now disable OneDrive by right-clicking on it.
4: Disable PC Syncing
Another feature in Windows 10 is PC Syncing. To save your Internet data, disable PC Sync Service if you don’t need to sync Things on the system. After then, if you require Sync, you may easily turn it on. To disable the PC sync service on Windows, follow the steps below.
- To begin, navigate to Settings and then to the Account menu.
- You must select Sync your system from the Account menu.
- You must now disable Sync Settings in this menu.
5: Turning OFF Notifications
Notification is a new feature in Windows 10, and it can be found in the bottom right of the screen. The notification service displays Updates or Notices from Background Apps. If you do not need to see any Notifications, you should Turn OFF the Service to minimize Internet use. To turn off notifications, follow the steps outlined below.
- You must go to the bottom right corner and right-click on Action Center.
- After that, you must click Disable.
All of the methods of how to reduce Internet Data Usage on Windows 10 listed above are effective and will undoubtedly assist you in saving a significant amount of Internet data on Windows 10. Assume you enjoyed our essay after reading it. Then don’t forget to tell your friends about this article.