Sony’s PlayStation network is one of the world’s largest gaming console networks. On this platform, you can play a variety of games with your friends both online and offline.
When you sign in to PlayStation Network, you will gain access to a variety of features such as music streaming, movie streaming, digital game downloads, cloud-based gaming, and more.
Sign In To PlayStation Network
Now that you’ve learned about the advantages of the PlayStation Network, let’s talk about how to sign up for it.
- First and foremost, switch on your PlayStation. When you turn on your PlayStation, the login screen will appear. Select your account on the login page, then click the X button on the controller.
- Now, on the home screen, press down on the controller’s D-pad.
- Next, select ‘Sign in to PlayStation Network‘ and then hit the X button on the controller. When you click the sign-in button, you’ll be prompted to enter the email address linked with your PlayStation Network account. After you’ve successfully input the email address, click the X button and then pick “done.”
- You will be prompted to enter the password for your PlayStation Network account. Enter your PlayStation Network account password, then select ‘done‘ and press the X button on your controller.
- Once you’ve input your PlayStation Network credentials, select the ‘sign in‘ option and then press the X button on your controller.
After completing the steps outlined above, you will be successfully signed in to your account. Make sure you’ve entered your account’s credentials/email and password correctly, or you won’t be able to access your PlayStation Network account.
Setting Up Two Factor Authentication
You may add an extra degree of security to your account by enabling two-factor authentication. When you use 2-factor authentication, you will be able to access your account only once you have authenticated your login.
Nobody can access your PlayStation Network account if you only have your password. A one-time password is provided to your registered mobile number or email address when you enable 2-factor authentication.
To access your account, you will have to verify the login by entering the OTP that is sent to the mobile number or email every time you try to log in to your account.
If you are concerned about your account being hacked, you should enable two-factor authentication on your account.
Here’s how to enable two-factor authentication.
- In the PlayStation menu screen, press the up button on your controller’s D-pad and then browse to the settings. To open the settings, navigate to them and then hit the X button on your controller.
- Next, under the settings, navigate to the ‘account management section and press X to open it. You will see an option called ‘Account details‘ in account management. Then, on your controller, click the X button to select this choice.
- Now, under the account administration, select the ‘security option and push the X button. There is a security feature called 2-step verification. Navigate to this option by pressing the X button on your controller.
- On the next screen, you will see information on 2-step verification. To enable two-factor authentication, click the ‘Set up now button and then press the X button.
- Check to see if the dropdown menu’s ‘country/region‘ section displays the correct location of your cell phone.
- Enter the mobile number in the field where it is requested. After you’ve input the phone number, click the ‘add‘ button and then the X button.
- PlayStation will provide you with a security code/OTP. If you do not receive a code, double-check that you entered the proper mobile number. If the cellphone number is correct but you haven’t gotten the security code, go to the resend code option and pick it. Enter the security code you were given into the appropriate field. Choose ‘activate,’ then press the X button.
- That is how you may enable two-factor authentication on your account. Every time you attempt to sign in to your account, you will be sent an OTP, which you must enter to access your PlayStation Network account.
Signing Out Of The PlayStation Network
- Let’s talk about how to sign out of the PlayStation Network on your PlayStation.
- In the PlayStation menu screen, hit the UP button on your controller’s D-pad, then select Settings.
- Visit the account management area in the settings and then press the X button to open it’s Then, select ‘Sign Out,’ and then press the X button to exit the PlayStation Network.
What Are the Advantages of Joining the PlayStation Network?
Signing up for PlayStation Network has a number of advantages. It enables you to play online games with your buddies, access cloud storage, and do a variety of other things.
Should I Enable Two-Factor Authentication on My Account?
You should enable two-factor authentication on your account. This will add an extra degree of security to your account and reduce the likelihood of it being hacked.
How Do I Enable Two-Factor Authentication?
Adding two-factor authentication is a simple process. We’ve gone over the entire process of installing two-factor authentication to your PlayStation Network account.
I hope this information was helpful in signing into your account and setting up 2-factor authentication. To sign in to your network and set up 2-factor authentication, follow the steps exactly.