The smartphone is an essential part of our daily lives. Everything can be done with one’s phone. Everything is possible with the smartphone that we use, from banking to texting.
What if your smartphone is misplaced? However, there is no need to be concerned because smartphones now include a tracking feature that allows you to easily track a phone.
Tracking features will be available to everyone in the world by 2021, regardless of the phone they use.
Whether you have an Android or an iOS device, your phone will have a tracking feature that allows you to locate a phone if it is misplaced. Air Tags may be a viable option for iOS users, but what about Android users?
How to Track Cell Phone in 2021: Android / iOS
In this article, we will go over some of the most common methods for tracking a phone if it has been misplaced.
1. Tracking An Android Phone
If you have an Android phone, you can easily locate it by using the Find My Device feature. Find My Device is a Google feature that allows people to easily locate their misplaced phones. The service works flawlessly on Android phones.
You do not need to enable this feature on your Android phone because it is enabled by default if you have signed in with your Google Account on your device.
You can easily find and secure your device by using Find My Device. This feature displays your phone’s current location. It displays the SIM card that your device is using as well as how much it is charged. You can also find your smartphone’s IMEI number on Find My Device.
- If you can’t find the sound, you can play it on your phone. This feature can be useful if you have misplaced your phone at work, a café, or elsewhere. You can locate it by playing the sound on your phone.
- What else are you going to do with it? If you have left your device unlocked somewhere, you can secure it.
- This will both lock the device and sign you out of your Google Account. Additionally, you can display a message on the lock screen.
- You will be able to track it even after you sign out of your Google account.
- If you can’t find your phone and want to erase the data on it, you can use this feature.
This feature, however, will completely erase your phone’s data and sign you out of the device, so you may not be able to track it again.
It is simple to use this feature. Check that your device is signed in to your Google account. Visit the Find My Device website on your computer and ensure that you are signed in with the Google Account that you use on your phone.
Using your computer, you will be able to track your phone. This feature works well on both Android phones and tablets.
2. Tracking An iPhone
Just as Android has the Find My Device feature, iOS has the Find My app, which allows you to locate all of your misplaced Apple devices. This feature, however, is available for all Apple devices, not just the iPhone.
The Find My app is accessible via iCloud. This feature allows users to easily find the location of their phone. Furthermore, sound can be played on a missing device.
If your phone is lost, you can display a message and activate the Lost Mode. If your device is lost, you can leave a text message and phone number on it.
- If you can’t find your phone, you can use this feature to erase the data on it.
- You can enable the activation lock, which prevents anyone from accessing your phone unless they log in with the registered Apple ID.
- The feature allows you to locate your phone by searching the network of nearby Apple devices.
- To use this feature, launch the Find My app on your computer. You will be prompted to sign in with the Apple ID associated with your phone. Once completed, you will be able to track and secure your phone.
3. Tracking Your Phone Using IMEI
You can also track your phone using its IMEI number. To track your phone using IMEI, you will need your phone’s IMEI number.
If you have your phone’s IMEI, you can contact the police or cybersecurity to have it tracked. You can also file a complaint against your stolen phone through the GOI portal.
4. Best Phone Tracker Apps
If the methods described above do not work for you, you can try some free phone tracker apps. These trackers can help you find your misplaced phone in the most specific areas.
- Family Locator by Life360
- Where’s My Droid
1. Can I Track A Phone If I Have Lost It?
Yes, if you’ve misplaced your phone, you can easily track it down. Tracking the phone isn’t difficult, and we’ve covered how to do it in this article.
2. Are There Apps To Track A Phone?
There are numerous apps that allow you to track your phone, but you should use Find My Device for Android phones and Find My iPhone app to track the phone.
3. Is It Possible To Track The Phone Through IMEI?
Yes, the IMEI can be used to track the phone. If you have your phone’s IMEI number, you can contact the police or cybersecurity, and they will assist you in tracking it down.
That is how you can locate a lost phone. I hope you didn’t have too much trouble tracking down a misplaced phone. Just remember to stay calm even if you’ve misplaced your phone. You can seek legal counsel from your local police department.
Now that you’ve learned about all of the cool ways of how to track a lost mobile phone , I recommend that you try it out right away with the number you’re looking for.