Before we get into how to delete Reddit account, let’s first define Reddit and why it’s so popular.
Reddit is one of the most popular social news websites and forums, with a global audience of over 330 million people, including the Reddit desktop version and app.
Most subreddits on the platform can provide you with the most up-to-date information on a specific topic, whether it’s Android games, web series, or any political scenario.
Many users consider Reddit to be one of the most practical platforms for getting the best opinions on various topics and sharing their own. However, there are a few people who may not find Reddit useful or entertaining for whatever reason.
Well if you fall in this category, then you can permanently delete Reddit account by following these steps.
How To Delete Reddit Account Via Browser?
- Log in to your account on Reddit’s official website. login page for reddit
- Click the User Settings option from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen that displays your User name.
- A new page will appear. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Deactivate Account button.
- Enter your Username and Password and, if desired, provide feedback.
- Check the box next to “deactivated accounts are not recoverable,” then click the Deactivate button.
Please keep in mind that if you choose to deactivate your Reddit account, all of your data, including posts, comments, and other items, will be completely erased. You will never be able to access your Reddit account again if you delete it.
There is no such thing as a temporary deletion or deactivation of a Reddit account. So, before you delete your account, make sure you haven’t missed anything important.
How To Delete Reddit Account On Phone?
If you are unable to access Reddit’s desktop version and have saved your password on your phone, you can easily delete your Reddit account using your Android smartphone or an iPhone by following these simple steps:
- Open the Reddit App, tap the profile icon, scroll down, and tap the Help and FAQs button. mobile reddit.
- A new page will open; type the term Deactivate account into the search bar and press the search button.
- Now, From the results, select the ‘How do I Deactivate my account?’ query. How do I deactivate my Reddit account?
- On the newly opened page, tap the link.
- Enter your ID and password to log in.
- Enter the username and password, and provide feedback if desired.
- After checking the box above, press the Deactivate button.
Does Deactivating Reddit Accounts Delete The Posts Too?
No, the username is removed from your Reddit posts and comments, but they are not deleted. As a result, if you want to delete a specific post, you should do so before deleting your account.
You cannot reactivate or delete your account once it has been deactivated or deleted.
Can I Temporarily Deactivate My Reddit Account?
There is no such thing as deleting Reddit account temporarily. Deactivated is the technical term for permanently deleting your account, which may be confusing to you.
However, keep in mind that once you deactivate your Reddit account, you will no longer be able to access it because it will be deleted.
How To Delete Reddit Post?
You can delete a Reddit post by following these steps:
- Open the Reddit official website, reddit.com, sign in to your Reddit account, and tap on your username in the top right corner of the home page.
- Tap the My Profile option from the drop-down menu; now you’ll see a list of all your posts on the screen.
- Tap the three dots next to the post you want to delete.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select Delete.
These steps will permanently remove your Reddit post from the platform. I hope you understand how to delete Reddit account on phone.